Amber Crochet Bolero

Brand New Patterns and a New MCAL!!

Amber Crochet Bolero

In my early days of looking for patterns I could never find a good bolero pattern.  I wanted something simple and no sew that didn’t look frumpy. I finally decided to write my own pattern for one. I didn’t know how to make a bolero with the features that I wanted, but I was going to try.  This is what I ended up making.  Finally it is available to you for free.  I have sized this for sizes XS – 5X.  If you have any issues with this pattern just let me know.

XS

S/M

L/XL

2X/3X

4X/5X

Comments

1. says

looks amazing, thanks so much for sharing and for figuring out all the sizes! would love it if you’d join my crafty linky party, lots of crocheters and crafters from around the world, open now!

2. says

That is wonderful! I haven’t taken a crochet hook up since I was a teen, but this is really tempting to learn again. I bought a bolero from Chicos and love it, but the pattern on yours is so elegant… very classy. Thanks for linking up at Fiber Artist Journey!

• says

Thanks!! I am in the process of adding the link party buttons. Oh! You said that it has been a while since you have crocheted? I have a simpler one coming out soon as well!! Thanks for checking me out!!!!

3. says

Ok, wow. It is amazing that you can crochet, seems like a lost art. My aunt used to make those amazing tablecloths and bedspreads. I wonder where those are? Your bolero looks beautiful, and quite wearable. Wonderful

4. says

Wow, finally a bolero in size XL. Just what I was hunting for so long. Thank you very much. Will let you know my progress as soon as I finish it.

5. says

I am addicted to boleros and crochet so it seems fitting I should make one of these!! Absolutely love it and can’t wait to get it on the hook! Really really beautiful!

Happy Hookin’ on a Hump Day!

6. says

I first want to thank you for doing this in the larger plus sizes. This pattern is so pretty,I just could not wait to start it. I went out and bought all the yarn I needed. I instructions are really easy to follow and my project was going smooth…until I #4 after “Making Arm Holes and Then “Join in the top right corner of the last pattern row”.
    I got caught where it says “Join with a sl st” at the end of row 4. My question is : where and what am I to join with a slip stitch? I was not sure if I should slip stitch into the arm hole stitches. waiting anxiously for reply. Thank you.

7. says

I really appreciate that you included larger sizes! Nothing so disappointing than to find a really awesome & cool pattern and discover that the sizing options stop at 12!

8. says

This shrug looks beautiful!! My daughter and I have been looking for something like this to work on together (she’s just learning crochet). About what sizes or measurements do the 2x/3x and 4x/5x work up to be? I’d hate to get thru the whole thing to find out I made the wrong size. Thanks.

Trackbacks

1. […]   Stay up to date with the latest news and patterns from Busting Stitches Help!!!!! Amber Crochet Bolero I added my Amber Crochet Bolero to the Contest on All Free Crochet‘s Blog.  I only have a […]

What do you think?